Monday, January 31, 2011

The Family Unit

Since having kids my husband suddenly thinks that we need to do everything together as a whole 'family unit'. If one of us doesn't want to do something or go somewhere, then none of us can do it. Apparently he thinks these are the rules when you have kids...

So the other night we were asked to a friends house for a BBQ, but by the end of the day I just could not be bothered. All I wanted to do was put the kids to bed and sit up to my quiet 'few' vodkas in front of the computer (mmm roolly social!). There was no way I was putting any amount of deodorant or lippy on, and needless to say my hair was an oil-slick and there was no disguising it (wearing a baseball cap, although considered, was not an option). When I told my husband I couldn't be bothered going out he started sulking around the house like a pubescent teenager! I asked him what his problem was and he said that it "just wasn't fair that we couldn't go out!". Excuse me, but why can't he go by himself? It dawned on me then that he thinks we all need to move around the whole time as one big family unit...All for one and blah blah blah...Am I being unreasonable here believing that we actually separate bodies??


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a million for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...